I personally think there would be a lot of benefits to migration:
- an app available for smartphones so users don't have to worry about clearing browser history
- chance to rename and refurbish site so it appears to both genders as males can also have EDs
- can formulate a front that doesn't scream "pro-ana" for protection while browsing in public
Concerns to migrating:
- people who've been gone a long time and try to return wouldn't get the memo. However, I can send a newsletter email to all members as needed and leave a directory message on the front page
- the hassle of learning a new platform to set up the subforums and site skin
- the hassle of everyone creating a new profile
- all topics would be lost
I'm thinking about having almost a "wikipedia" style for certain tips & tricks threads: a well written, concise list of tricks that members can read and submit edits. Examples would include the "how to purge" thread.
Let me know if these ideas sound good.