Butterflies and Dragonflies United

This website does not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. The content of this site may be triggering. Browse at your own discretion.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This website does not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. The content of this site may be triggering. Browse at your own discretion.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A pro-ana website. We do not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. Browse at your own risk.

Latest topics

» When people get suspicious
Sick and Weightloss EmptyWed 15 Feb - 21:19 by CoolGurl

» Tell me all your pro-ana thoughts
Sick and Weightloss EmptyTue 6 Dec - 7:50 by CoolGurl

» CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sick and Weightloss EmptyFri 16 Sep - 10:25 by enchanted1981

» How much would you like to lose for Christmas?
Sick and Weightloss EmptyFri 16 Sep - 10:13 by enchanted1981

» Information about sharing tips
Sick and Weightloss EmptyMon 25 Jul - 8:47 by CoolGurl

» Favorite pro ana tips?
Sick and Weightloss EmptyMon 25 Jul - 8:45 by CoolGurl

» We need more activity on the forum
Sick and Weightloss EmptyMon 25 Jul - 8:42 by CoolGurl

» Hey
Sick and Weightloss EmptyMon 25 Jul - 8:40 by CoolGurl

» Kalan from MPA
Sick and Weightloss EmptyMon 25 Jul - 8:39 by CoolGurl

Quotes

2 posters

Sick and Weightloss

ButterflyAna
    ButterflyAna

Sick and Weightloss Empty Sick and Weightloss

Post by ButterflyAna Fri 11 Jul - 0:57

I'm getting sick with a sore throat and runny nose  Unhappy rage 

But there's been many cases of people who lost weight while getting sick. I looked into how that works, and this is what I found:

1) When you have a fever, your body has to burn extra calories to get to that higher temperature.

2) Burning fat releases more energy (meaning higher body temperature) than burning carbs or protein. Your body WANTS to burn fat.

3) Your body reduces hunger signals so it ends up burning fat for energy instead of glucose. Since glucose stores last a maximum of 24 hours, if you don't eat to replenish them your body can only burn fat.

4) Your immune system would be running on overdrive, which requires more energy, meaning you're burning more calories.

5) Your fluids requirement increases a lot, especially with excessive vomiting and diarrhea. If you don't drink enough water you will lose a LOT of water weight.

Because I don't have a fever or stomach flu, I'm probably not going to lose a lot of weight. But I'm most upset that each cough drop is 15 calories a piece.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Sick and Weightloss Empty Re: Sick and Weightloss

Post by Admin Fri 11 Jul - 1:50

Moved topic from tips/tricks to diet/health section.

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr - 6:28