Butterflies and Dragonflies United

This website does not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. The content of this site may be triggering. Browse at your own discretion.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This website does not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. The content of this site may be triggering. Browse at your own discretion.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A pro-ana website. We do not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. Browse at your own risk.

Latest topics

» When people get suspicious
Ugh plateau.  EmptyWed 15 Feb - 21:19 by CoolGurl

» Tell me all your pro-ana thoughts
Ugh plateau.  EmptyTue 6 Dec - 7:50 by CoolGurl

» CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ugh plateau.  EmptyFri 16 Sep - 10:25 by enchanted1981

» How much would you like to lose for Christmas?
Ugh plateau.  EmptyFri 16 Sep - 10:13 by enchanted1981

» Information about sharing tips
Ugh plateau.  EmptyMon 25 Jul - 8:47 by CoolGurl

» Favorite pro ana tips?
Ugh plateau.  EmptyMon 25 Jul - 8:45 by CoolGurl

» We need more activity on the forum
Ugh plateau.  EmptyMon 25 Jul - 8:42 by CoolGurl

» Hey
Ugh plateau.  EmptyMon 25 Jul - 8:40 by CoolGurl

» Kalan from MPA
Ugh plateau.  EmptyMon 25 Jul - 8:39 by CoolGurl

Quotes

3 posters

Ugh plateau.

Yourstoxically
    Yourstoxically

Ugh plateau.  Empty Ugh plateau.

Post by Yourstoxically Thu 24 Jul - 9:52

I have been on this plateau since right before Valentine's Day. I am so frustrated. I can't seem to get past 130. This morning, I was 133.4, the same as yesterday. I am getting mega frustrated. I've tried everything, except specific diets. I have binged, I have fasted (not very long though, like 2 days), and I am currently taking garcinia cambogia and in the process of putting myself into ketosis. 

Can anyone recommend any certain diets or maybe tricks that aren't very common? 
    calorified
    calorified

Ugh plateau.  Empty Re: Ugh plateau.

Post by calorified Thu 24 Jul - 13:51

How many calories are you eating? And specifically, what kinds of calories do you eat? All junk food calories? All carbs? etc. Idk what you're already doing, but here's what I'd do:

1. Don't weigh yourself for a few days. It gets demotivating to not see the number move.
    2. Start cardio exercise, doesn't have to be a long time. Even could be walking. Just something that will burn a little bit of calories and boost your metabolism.
    3. Set an alarm on your phone- every time it goes off do something like 50 jumping jacks, 25 sit ups, 25 push ups. If you were to set it for 12 times a day it will add up to 500, 300 and 300 respectively without really tiring you out. Building some muscle will make you look smaller and will increase metabolism
    4. Drink more water and coffee/tea. Do something similar to the alarm for exercise- every hour it goes off, drink. It will keep you full and regular. 
    5. Get enough sleep- countless studies have shown that less sleep makes you more emotional (ie more likely to binge) and that it increases appetite.
    6. Look at what kind of calories you're consuming. Technically, as long as you're below your BMR, you should be losing weight, but if not then it may be what you're eating. I'm not diet expert or anything, but if it were me, I'd go for high protein, low carb (not including fruit here) with lots of fruits and veggies.
    Yourstoxically
    Yourstoxically

Post by Yourstoxically Fri 25 Jul - 11:50

I have been on this plateau since February. I have tried EVERYTHING. I think maybe it's because I binge after the second day of being 130...
    ButterflyAna
    ButterflyAna

Post by ButterflyAna Sat 26 Jul - 1:33

I know when I hit a plateau, it's often because I'm so demotivated about the plateau that I don't give my 100% long enough to actually lose weight. I may restrict for 2 or 3 days or maybe a week, then binge, and the binge is large enough to offset the restriction.

Longer calorie schedules like SGD or ABC diet can help in these situations because they last long enough for results to be noticed, thus giving someone the motivation to continue until they pass the plateau. They are tough to follow, but with enough determination you can beat the plateau.

You just got to keep that motivation and determination. Any diet works if people stick to them long enough. All the healthy tips, all the crash diets: they only work when people truly follow them.
    Yourstoxically
    Yourstoxically

Post by Yourstoxically Sat 26 Jul - 19:32

Yeah, August 1st I'm starting a new diet. I'm just gonna keep pushing through it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr - 6:32